Aaroflex Issue

From: Ross Gates (ross@selecteng.com)
Date: Wed Dec 01 1999 - 04:02:57 EET

The issues we have over Aaroflex are being obscured, mostly by Al Young.
Here is the real story.

We ordered a machine for delivery 5 months after our order was placed.
Two weeks after the contracted delivery date, I flew to Aaroflex for a
visit and found they did not even start building a machine. Two months
later, I again flew down to Aaroflex with Drew Brown, who also ordered
one. The machine was not anywhere near producing a part that we could
even attempt to sell. When told that they needed another couple of
months, I decided to cancel my order and move on. I needed a machine to
satisfy my customers and I couldn't wait any more. I was already behind
10 months. My thoughts at that time were to look at Aaroflex in the
future when they had produced a machine that would meet my needs. But I
needed my deposit back, so I could acquire a SLA-500. Al Young decided
that he was not going to do this, for one reason or another. We managed
to get a 500 one year after the Aaroflex order was placed. Drew Brown
and I went to court. This was a simple breach of contract lawsuit. Al
Young directed his attorney to fight us on everything and delay the
inevitable. Aaroflex threw up tremendous amounts of "chaff" to help us
chalk up legal bills that would stun you. After another year of this
went by the federal judge ruled that Aaroflex breached the contract the
day after non delivery. Give them their deposit back, plus interest.
Case Closed. Our attorney was surprised we let him go three months after
the breach of contract. He felt that it was pretty generous of us. His
attorney then drew up payment terms of a small amount each month to us
to pay us off, but Al Young wouldn't sign the agreement. We have not
seen one penny from Aaroflex.

My feeling is he is trying to draw us out, so he can try suing us for
libel. So everything I've written is absolute fact. If he continues to
bash us, I have a lot more truthful stories to tell.

This ordeal reminds of a saying I saw in an Engineering department,
"Arguing with an Engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud.
Everyone gets dirty. But the pig loves it."

Ross Gates
Select Mfg. Services