RE: RP users conference

From: Deak, Steve (sdeak@hasbro.com)
Date: Wed Dec 08 1999 - 00:07:30 EET

Andy:

Thank you for raising these questions! YES! EOS will be a part of the 2000
program! In fact, Mr. Klaus Baden from BMW will speak on Automotive
Applications using EOS equipment, a first for the North American User Group!
Further, we are asking each speaker to bring and display parts at the Monday
Evening Parts Fair. This WILL be an international event with conference and
Parts fair participation from the US, Asia, and Europe. Anyone owning 3D
Systems and/or EOS stereolithography equipment will be eligible to attend
the 2000 3D Systems Stereolithography User Group World Conference. EOS
Stereolithography technology is owned by 3D Systems, so they are invited to
attend and participate!

The 2000 3D Systems conference will be the only 3D Systems User Group
Conference in 2000. The 1999 European conference did not occur this year
and the 2000 3D Systems European conference will likely be postponed as well
to pool all our resources for a 2000 Global Conference in the US.

On the other side, I revisited the January 6, 1999 press release concerning
the 3D Systems/Sony cross license agreement (on 3D Systems Web site). THEN,
I had to call 3D Systems to get an interpretation. The cross-license
agreement is for each company to produce and sell Stereolithography
equipment in the their respective geographic areas. Sony equipment is still
sold, serviced and supported by Sony. 3D Systems equipment is sold,
serviced and supported by 3D Systems. EOS Stereolithography equipment is
serviced and supported by 3D Systems.

Eligibility for the 3D Systems User Group Conference is dependent upon 3D
Systems equipment ownership. Sony Stereolithography equipment owners (and
other RP owners) are not eligible to attend the 3D Systems User Group
Conference, unless they own 3D Systems SLA equipment as well. The 3D
Systems North American Stereolithography User Group By-laws are very clear
in this area.

While I'm here, the 2000 User Group Conference info may be found at
http://www.3dsystems.com/newsevents

Click on "SL User Group" , then "Annual Meeting". At the bottom of the
"Invitation Letter" are links to the Agenda, Conference Registration, and
Hotel information.

Andy, I am confident you will find this conference to be user-focused with
heavy emphasis on OEM user applications and "how-to" discussions. You will
not be disappointed.

Steve Deak 2000 3DSNASUG Conference Chairperson
Mgr.-Rapid Prototyping voice: (+1) 513-579-3270
Hasbro, Inc. fax: (+1) 513-579-3250
615 Elsinore Place e-mail: sdeak@hasbro.com
Cincinnati, OH 45202 USA "Our Business is FUN!"