Re: THANKSGIVING 99

From: aaroflex (aaroflex@aaroflex.com)
Date: Wed Dec 08 1999 - 18:47:47 EET

Dear Geoff Smith-Moritz:

Normally, when you roll out a product you form a partnership with the user
because there will be delays and mishaps to overcome and special considerations
are given to these brave soles.. We thought we had a partner that we could
depend on to stick with AAROFLEX through this roll out period. Ross went a
Detroit show and had a sign in his booth bragging that he would have the largest
machine in North America. Soon thereafter, 3D filed a lawsuit and threatening to
sue any purchasers of the AAROFLEX machine. This proved to destroy any customer
allegiance in this case although AAROFLEX gave total assurance to the buyer of
liability protection. Therefore, Drew and Ross ran like scared rabbits and
abandon the steadfast partnership to bring a machine to market while looking for
every excuse to cancel the orders. This has severely hindered the AAROFLEX
operation, because it is brought up by our competition every time a machine sell
is considered. It has been a bad situation for AAROFLEX and the rapid
prototyping community in that it has limited market competition by helping to
keep a very advanced product off the market. Consequently, there are documented
cases by our competition of customer interference, business disparagement, and
and restraint of trade along with several other counts of very significant
consequences that can be filed any time.

I do hope this will explain the situation to some extent to you as well as
others.

Sincerely,
AAROFLEX, Inc.
Albert C. Young, Jr., P.E.