Scanned Data Offsets

From: Timmel, Ingrid (TIMMELIN@fisher-price.com)
Date: Wed Dec 08 1999 - 23:40:07 EET

Hi to all,
I need to have offsets of scanned data. Paraform is being used to create the
surfaces. Alias is being used to create the offsets but not without
difficulty. We have also used a CNC cutter path.That seems to work well, but
then it needs to be brought into Alias and cleaned up again. I have also
tried Imageware RPM, that also requires alot of fixing, and Paraform seems
not to like the polygons that are added.
It seems that there is no true and tried method.
Anyone have a straight forward approach? Not using to many software
packages?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ingrid Timmel