Vacancies for academic staff

From: Prof. P. M. Dickens (pdickens@dmu.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Dec 09 1999 - 18:36:56 EET

Please find a copy of an advert that we have issued. If anyone would like to
discuss this with me I would be happy to do this by phone or email.

Faculty of Computing Sciences & Engineering

Department of Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering - Rapid Manufacturing

Lecturers x 2 Three Year Fixed Term Contracts

£14,902 - £24,842

The University has established a Rapid Manufacturing Consortium with a
number of major European companies. The object of this consortium is to
co-ordinate the teaching, training and research activities to meet the needs
of the member companies in the areas of Rapid Product Development and
Manufacturing.

You will be required to help in developing and delivery of all the academic
activities connected with the consortium. You will also generate and manage
new research projects that will be funded from EPSRC, Framework 5, DTI or
from companies.

You will have a PhD in an engineering or related subject, extensive
knowledge of Rapid Product Development processes such as CAD, Virtual
Reality, Rapid Prototyping, Rapid Tooling, etc. Previous research in this
area is desirable and experience in teaching on postgraduate and
undergraduate courses would be an advantage as would experience in
concurrent engineering and product testing. The ability to work on your own
initiative flexibly and to meet deadlines is essential.

For further information and an application form please contact:
Personnel Department
De Montfort University
The Gateway
Leicester