Re: History of RP...

From: EdGrenda@aol.com
Date: Tue Dec 14 1999 - 16:46:01 EET

<< Greetings all,
 Is anyone aware of papers outlining the history of Rapid Prototyping?
 If so could you forward me this information.

 Happy Holidays,
 Doug Bucci

Hi Doug:

Figured someone else would mention this, but since they haven't:

Dr. Joseph Beaman wrote an excellent hisotry as background in the JTEC/WTEC
reports. It traces the technological roots to the 18th century and
chronologizes the commercialization process. There's a link to these reports
on the "Intro to RP Technology" page on our web site. See the URL below.

Regards,
Ed

Ed Grenda
Castle Island Co.