RE: Plastic Injection Machine

From: Neil Hopkinson (nhopkins@dmu.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Dec 22 1999 - 18:13:12 EET

John,

Our Battenfeld 60 ton m/c has done very well for short run work and we have
received excellent technical support from the company. For your type of
work you will probably want more in the way of flexibility in terms of the
parameters you can use with possibly less need for brute force - if you use
rapid tools you often need or can get away with lower clamping and injection
forces. In this case small vertical plunger machines may suffice - it
obviously depends on the geometries you will be moulding.

Good luck,

Neil