Re: Forging applications

From: EdGrenda@aol.com
Date: Mon Dec 27 1999 - 17:39:22 EET

In a message dated 99-12-25 03:30:16 EST, Marshall@Ennex.com writes:

<< Who knows some examples of applications of fabbers ("rapid
prototyping")
 in metal forging? I will appreciate any leads or references.

     Thank you.

 Best regards,
 Marshall Burns
 President, Ennex Corporation

 Marshall@Ennex.com
 Los Angeles, USA, (310) 824-8700
 www.Ennex.com

Hi Marshall:

I could only find a single reference, but maybe it has something pertinent:

Title: Integration of technologist's and designer's activities in introducing
computer-aided design and manufacture of cast products

Author: Ishchenko, V V. Mamin, V A. Institution Moskovskij Gosudarstvennyj
Tekhnicheskij Univ im. N.E. Baumana, Moscow, Russia

Source Liteinoe Proizvodstvo. n 12 Dec 1995. p 23-25.

Abstract The rational indexes for producing the castings via casting into
sand molds and chill, investment and pressure casting are defined as well as
for producing the forgings via open and closed stamping and the
cast-stamped-welded blanks using the new technologies (layer-by-layer
synthesis, stereolithography). The results of producing the test batches of
high-strength gray cast iron, copper and titanium alloy castings as well as
the technological equipment are used in analysis.
XX

Regards,
Ed

Ed Grenda