G3 and G4

From: Jonathan Chertok (chertok22@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Dec 29 1999 - 18:04:11 EET

An "intro" question for the list.
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to run rapid prototyping type software
on the new Macintosh G3 or G4 processors?
I am looking to pick up a personal computer to begin very modest work on
rapid prototyping software such as
Pro-Engineer
Materialise
Paraform
Deskartes
etc.
I know I can run FormZ and MINICAD on a Macintosh and am trying to find out
if I can do tutorials and limited "intro" work on the new MAC's. Also
wondering whether it may be reasonable to use "Virtual PC" software to make
these programs compatible with the G3 or G4 chips.
I'd prefer to stick with my beloved MAC if possible and don't need
industrial size strength for this initial work.

If this is not possible, any suggestions for minimum requirements, brand of
computers, configurations should I decide to go non-MAC for this at home
use?

Thanks list,

Jon Chertok
Austin, Texas