Lasers Do Not Stink (And Other Laser Improvements)

From: Scott -Scooter- Sutterer (ssutter@pdmfg.com)
Date: Tue Jan 04 2000 - 16:42:40 EET

Last July I had 3D Systems install a new 40 mW laser on my 250/50. The lasers, for years have been known to stink when you do a remelt. This one does not. Has the laser manufacturer changed something? Also this laser has run more hours then any laser I have had in the past 3.5 years. It just rolled over 4300 hrs. After a remelt I am at 26 mW. The fact that I have started to never turned the laser off might have something to do with the extended life. Do I have a freak laser or is this a trend?
####### Scott "Scooter" Sutterer
#####\_O Premier Design & Mfg. Co.
####/\/> 5988 Mid Rivers Mall Dr.
#### /" St. Charles MO 63304