lightyear - watch your recoat ranges

From: Todd Reese (todd.reese@realizeinc.com)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2000 - 16:39:04 EET

hi all,

yesterday i was preparing a build using lightyear. i was expecting a
part later in the day. when that one came in, i reopened lightyear and
opened the platform file i had created earlier in the day. i simply
added the part, created supports, resliced, started the build and went
on my merry way. unbeknownst to me, while i was enjoying my tuesday
evening, my build was crashing. i walked in this morning to that
frightening black dos screen and that ungodly sight of sla phlegm.
after calling the machine a few names and counting backwards from 10, i
checked my lightyear platform file. it seems that when i added that
part, the recoat ranges were disturbed, and it was running the part
style starting at zero. i know, i know, i should have double checked
everything, but i just wanted to give you guys the heads up. we all get
in a hurry every now and then. i had this problem a few times while
using the beta version, but i was told that it had been corrected in
1.0. i guess not, so be careful.

have a better day than me :-),
todd

--