texturing information or what there is of it

From: Elaine Hunt (ehunt@ces.clemson.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2000 - 22:14:25 EET

>There was one paper published at one of the SFF symposiums by
>Prof.D.Gossard and E.Sachs. 1994

michael rees published an article in Prototypine Technology INternational,
January
March 1998, called "Casting a Shadow". The technology discussed is
called shapped displacement shading with examples from FORM Z.
The article, without images, is attached below
-- SCULPTOR http://www.sound.net/~zedand00/

 Lee and AME have filed for a patent on their process and expect to receive a
patent number for their efforts.
Bruce E. LeMaster
--Applied Rapid Technologies Corporation
265 Cambridge Street, Suite 100
Fredericksburg, Virginia 22405
(540) 371-1100 / (540) 371-4100 fax
http://www.artcorp.com

With all the conversation regarding texturing SLA parts, I wanted to mention
one other available service. About two years ago we worked with Lee
Eisinger at Akron Metal Etching and he was able to develop a technique to
add textures to our Keltool molds. Since then he has textured about five
Keltool production molds for us with standard Mold-Tech finishes. The
results have been great. I believe that he has the ability to add any type
of texture to these molds. Lee has been texturing our conventional molds for
at least 20 years and I highly recommend Akron Metal Etching due to their
professionalism and quality. He has also done some very tricky selective
texturing for logos and lettering on some of our tools with excellent results.

Joseph P. Frantz
FRANTZ INDUSTRIES, INC.
Rapid Tooling & Plastic Injection Molding
Mini-Jector Molding Machines
45 Pleasant Drive
Chagrin Falls, Ohio 44022-3025
Telephone: (440) 247-2960 or (800) RAPID 50
Facsimile: (440) 247-2294
E-mail: joe@frantzind.com