Rapid prototyping course

From: Fábio Ribeiro (fribeiro@ufba.br)
Date: Sat Jan 08 2000 - 20:16:57 EET

Thanks Peter,
I will study your suggestion.

    There is something really important that we need remember. The students
must have some equipment to scan and than they can begin reverse
engineering. The students already have information about equipment that
works actually.
    As you have said, I need determine the objectives of the contest. Solve
a problem could be a good option because I could choose an equipment that
works badly. Maybe equipment that works well and we need another one to
works better.
    Time, limited set of material, limited building iteration, RP technical
parameters (accuracy, surface finish, and others) and structural analysis in
CAE could be good points to determine the objective, the rules and evaluate
the projects in the contest.
    A solution to a structure that carries something to a point is a very
interesting possibility.

    Someone else has more comments or suggestions?

Fábio