RE: Looking for a high temperature resin

From: Brent Stucker (stucker@uri.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 11 2000 - 16:34:10 EET

Bob,

I am not sure what your intent is, but we do have a material that we
make using Selective Laser Sintering that can withstand temperatures
as high as 300C. The part we make is a ceramic-filled epoxy part.
It is basically a fine-grained sand-casting sand with a thermosetting
binder. Because of the fine grains, we are able to achieve excellent
resolution on small parts and features. The material also has very
good dielectric properties and is resistant to corrosive
environments as well. We have had customers who have found this
material to be the only viable way that they could use RP to prototype
their parts. If you are interested, we would be happy to quote parts
for you.

Brent Stucker
Dr. Brent Stucker, Director
Rapid Manufacturing Center
University of Rhode Island
Dept. of Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering
Gilbreth Hall, 2 East Alumni Ave.
Kingston, RI 02881
ph: (401)874-5187
fax: (401)874-5540