RE: Rapid tooling for large parts

From: Phil Dickens (pdickens@dmu.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Jan 13 2000 - 10:12:22 EET

B.J.
Sorry for not responding before but I have been swamped with work. A few
years ago I presented a paper at SME on the use of Laminated Tooling for
moulding polyurethane foam parts. The tool was about 1 x 1 x 1m and made
from 1mm aluminium sheet.
I believe this tool is still in production at Ford Utica Trim plant.
I will send a copy of the paper to you.
The tool was finally assembled by Simco in Detroit. If you are interested
you should contact:
Dave Simon on 810 772 1910

Good luck

Phill