Re: Scan to IGES

From: Markus Hitter (hitterm@fh-trier.de)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 13:47:26 EET

At 20:35 Uhr -0500 18.01.2000, ATiburon@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 1/18/00 5:42:13 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>johnp@jppattern.com writes:
>
><< I use Corel 8 to convert bitmaps to dxf output. >>
>Then of course you need another program to convert the dxf into IGES since
>many high end CAD programs don't import dxf and of the ones that do, well you
>will find that there are many flavors of DXF. The problem is that if you zoom
>into the converted file you will see most likely an unusable zig zag pattern
>where the bit maps go around a curve for example. Then you will just pick
>some of the points and reconstruct the geometry using lines, arcs, splines
>etc. that are available on your CAD system. And wondering if it was worth all
>the bother. That at least is my experience so far.

You might want to have a look for Adobe Streamworks. The tests with
the Demo I did produced quite usuable results.

Best,
Markus Hitter

grab.gif

  Dipl. Ing. Markus Hitter http://www.fh-trier.de/~hitterm

  RET - Markus Hitter Technologie der Produktentwicklung
  Fortschritt in der Entwicklung Konstruktion
                                   Stereolithografie
  fon: +49 - (0)651 8103-530
  fax: +49 - (0)651 8103-258