Re: thermoforming and RPT

From: EdGrenda@aol.com
Date: Fri Jan 21 2000 - 17:16:51 EET

In a message dated 00-01-21 05:05:28 EST, eng.st@ascamm.es writes:

<< Dear Sirs,

 I would like to know if anyone has some reference about the application of
 Rapid Tooling technologies in obtaining thermoforming/vacuumforming molds
 for manufacturing very thin wall parts.
 And Rapid Prototyping aplied to small thickness pieces ( 0.5/0.8/1 mm)?
  Thanks

 Xavier/Miryam
 </XMP>

Hello Xavier/Miryam:

Not much has been written on this, but here are 3 refs you might find useful.
 I'm including the Abstracts with the copy I'm sending you.

Regards,

Ed Grenda
Castle Island Co.
19 Pondview Road
Arlington, MA 02474 USA
781-646-6280 (voice or fax)
EdGrenda@aol.com (email)
http://home.att.net/~castleisland/
===========================

Authors Kleespies, H. S., III. Crawford, R. H.
Title Vacuum forming of compound curved surfaces with a variable geometry
mold.
Source Journal of Manufacturing Systems. v. 17 no5, 1998, p. 325-37.

Title Utilizing stereolithography to produce a rapid prototype thermoforming
mold
Author Cummings, Douglas S. Institution Penn State Erie, Erie, PA, USA
Source Annual Technical Conference - ANTEC, Conference Proceedings n. pt 3
1994. Soc of Plastics Engineers, Brookfield, CT, USA. p 3550-3554. Conference
Information Proceedings of the 52nd Annual Technical Conference ANTEC 94.
Part 3 (of 3). San Francisco, CA, USA. 19940501-19940505.

Title Complex prototype assemblies from stereolithography and RTV tooling
Author Odette, Scott. Institution Delco Electronics Corp
Source SAE Technical Paper Series. Publ by SAE, Warrendale, PA, USA. 1992. p
1-6 920744. International Congress and Exposition. Detroit, MI, USA.