FW: 3D Printers - recommendations please

From: Pike, Jim (Jim.Pike@sturm.sulzerpumps.com)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 15:36:41 EET

Mark,

My recommendation would consider the type of application and money available
to spend... For prototypes and castings? The Z-Corp machine is fast and cost
effective.

Material is strong enough for prototypes.

Some post processing required... Z-Corp machine (IMHO) requires the least
amount of post processing.

The customer support from Z-Corp is EXCELLENT.. In short I can not say
enough about thier staff!!

Yes.. STL. If my memory serves me correctly, they are working on an upgrade
with other capabilities!

I have ran the *&^% out of the machine at times with excellent reliability.
Without consideration to human err and when set up properly, the machine
will print a good part every time, the first time.

I like the Z-Corp machine because we can make castings (very quickly) from
the parts printed off of the machine.

Jim Pike
Sturm Inc.
Product Development