Re: 3D Printers - recommendations please

From: RP Solutions (rps@rp-solutions.co.uk)
Date: Mon Jan 24 2000 - 18:30:29 EET

Hi All,

Perhaps Jim and the other US Zcorp users can tell us how long the print
heads last for? I am told that they are highly variable in durability but
typically last less than 40 hrs is this true? Does this add significantly
to the running costs of the machine? Are there any service bureaus in the
US that use Z corp and what are their thoughts on the machine?

Jim what types of casting are you producing? metal investment, sandcasting
or PU resins. What type of accuracy do you get I have been told 1-2mm is
typical?

Thanks,

Oliver Cole
RP Solutions

rps@dircon.co.uk
----------
> From: Pike, Jim <Jim.Pike@sturm.sulzerpumps.com>
> To: 'rp-ml@bart.lpt.fi'
> Subject: FW: 3D Printers - recommendations please
> Date: 24 January 2000 13:36
>
> Mark,
>
> My recommendation would consider the type of application and money
available
> to spend... For prototypes and castings? The Z-Corp machine is fast and
cost
> effective.
>
> Material is strong enough for prototypes.
>
> Some post processing required... Z-Corp machine (IMHO) requires the least
> amount of post processing.
>
> The customer support from Z-Corp is EXCELLENT.. In short I can not say
> enough about thier staff!!
>
> Yes.. STL. If my memory serves me correctly, they are working on an
upgrade
> with other capabilities!
>
> I have ran the *&^% out of the machine at times with excellent
reliability.
> Without consideration to human err and when set up properly, the machine
> will print a good part every time, the first time.
>
> I like the Z-Corp machine because we can make castings (very quickly)
from