Needing a reference for clear casting materials??

From: Alex Fima (afima@forecast-3d.com)
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 01:13:07 EET

Hello RP Community,

Once again I am reliant on the experience and knowledge of a internet
community to help solve a specific problem. I have been using optically
clear casting resins, mostly urethanes, and still have not found a vendor
that delivers a resin that is as robust as its thermoplastic relatives.

Does anyone have any suggestions for clear casting materials? I need to
cast a large clear stand, approximately 18" round and walls @ .150". I
would like to be able to set a heavy object, 20lbs, on top of it for a long
time without it warping....

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Alex