Re: Duraform GF

From: Timothy J. Gornet (tim.gornet@louisville.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 31 2000 - 21:34:00 EET

Chris, we run Duraform GF with the same parameters as Duraform which is 156C for the part and 125C for the feeds. That is on an SLS 2500plus. For our SLS2000 we use 159C on the part and 80C on the feeds. We have run these temps since the materials we first available. We have found that keeping consistent material properties is probably the single most important thing you can do. That means consistent blending of virgin powder (25-30%) and mixing in large batches to minimize build to build differences. Others users I know blend with lower percentages. We use a drum tumbler with a 55 Gal. drum fir mixing. Others use one of the small plastic concrete mixers.The main thing is to be consistent on blending and sifting of part cake, overflows, unused powder, and virgin powder addition. That will keep processing conditions and thus scale and offset parameters steady over time.

Good luck,
Tim

Tim Gornet Computer Aided Engineering Consultant
INTERNET: tim.gornet@louisville.edu
SLUGNET: Vogt Bldg. Rm 101, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292
PHONENET: (502)852-0714 FAXNET: (502)852-8890
Rapid Prototype Facility