Boeing SPEEA on strike

From: Miller, Michael W (Mike.Miller3@PSS.Boeing.com)
Date: Wed Feb 09 2000 - 18:17:24 EET

Dear List, As a represented member of the Society of Professional Engineering Employees in Aerospace I'm going on strike today. I believe the future of Boeing may be at stake as it appears to me that executive level management is more interested in stock price than being the best aerospace company in the world. This is evident in my own lab where it has been impossible to upgrade our facilities in the 5 years that I've been prototyping. It is my sincere hope that this issue will be resolved soon and, in the words of a co-worker, we can get back to making cool stuff like airplanes and spaceships. I'll be signing off for a while so as not to overload my in-box should I get to come back. Thanks for all the good info. Keep the thread.

Disclaimer: Engineer and out the other!
Michael W Miller (michael.w.miller@boeing.com)
The Boeing Company MS 17-PE B-XT65
Propulsion Experimental Hardware 206-655-3289
Rapid Prototyping 655-4366 Lab 655-4365