Re: Looking for people involved in producing raised relief maps

From: Steve Farentinos (steve@pmli.com)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2000 - 20:01:12 EET

Robert,

We generated some relief maps using LOM for JPL as part of the mars landing a
few years back. Also, we have built architectural landscapes. My guess is,
however, that the expense will be prohibitive. It is usually less expensive
and faster to use a 3-axis mill or router to cut the shape into an
inexpensive material.

Give me a call if you want more info.

Steve

Robert Jaquiss wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I would like to contact people who are using RP technology to produce
> raised relief maps. For those not familiar with the term, a raised relief
> map shows the actual shape of the land surface. I am interested in this
> because these types of maps are sometimes used as educational tools for
> the blind.
>
> Robert S. Jaquiss Jr.

Steve Farentinos
PML, Inc.