Re: Calculating Volume and surface area of STL files?

From: Mike Brindley (brindley@ece.orst.edu)
Date: Sat Feb 12 2000 - 20:23:07 EET

> Does anyone on the list have or know where I can find the equations for
> calculating the surface area and volume of STL files?

"Area of planar polygons and volume of polyhedra", Ronald N. Goldman,
in _Graphics_Gems_II_, James Arvo (editor), pp 170-171, 1991,
Academic Press.

"Efficient computation of polygon area and polyhedron volume",
Allen Van Gelder, in _Graphics_Gems_V_, Alan W. Paeth (editor),
pp 35-41, 1995, Academic Press.

  --> Mike Brindley brindley@ece.orst.edu Corvallis, Oregon, USA
"I take unanimity on any difficult topic as a danger sign."
  - P. J. Plaugher