Fwd: RE: Ceramic Prototypes

From: ANDREW HARVEY (HARAND50@pct.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 01:39:15 EET

attached mail follows:

Jim,
I am a second year student of the Plastic engineering course at Penn
College. We only scratched the surface on rotational molding, but I do
know the basic principles. A rotational molder is a cavity that is
supported on a double axis rotating arm that is heated up exothermically
in an oven.
The rotating arm distributes the plastic that is pored in the cavity as
a powder form. Basically it creates a hallow part with even wall
thickness.
The process may work if the material you are using has a low viscosity
and the part dimensions allow you to separate the mold and remove the
part from the cavity. The only major issue with a rotational molder
may be the cost. Let me know how you work your problem out.
Regards,
Andrew

>>> Jim Burt <jim.burt@infocus.com> 02/11/00 02:35PM >>>
Andrew, can you say more?