Re: RP metal processes

From: Marshall Burns (Marshall@Ennex.com)
Date: Sun Feb 27 2000 - 06:16:43 EET

>Take a look at Paramount's web site. We have several documented success
>stories using SLS sintered powder metal.
>http://www.paramountind.com/f_volvo.htm

Jim,

    Thanks for posting the link to this great story! Although I would not
call this exactly direct manufacturing because the parts were used for
functional testing, not for installation in a product delivered to
customers, still it's a great success story. If the product were other than
a high-volume boat engine, those retaining rings may very well have gone
into the real thing for delivery.

Best regards,
Marshall Burns
President, Ennex Corporation