StainlessOnly! Auctions, News, Scrap!

From: auctiondata@buystainlessonline.com
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 21:04:15 EET

StainlessOnly! is a weekly magazine featuring important news from the stainless steel world.

PRIME AND SECONDARY STAINLESS STEEL- Inquiries welcome!
We also have a stainless steel auction running:
visit: www.buystainlessonline.com

Before We Begin:
Please forgive us for missing the last several weeks! We have been conducting some very major site
renovations that have proven to be quite exhaustive! We look forward to getting this newsletter out to all
of you............. ALSO: Auction Format is finally ready for quantity postings! We still have some major
additions to make, but you should all be able to understand the items as well as the auction functionality.
As always, we are open to any suggestions that our users may have.

(by the time everyone gets this, there should be over 3000 items for bid!)
at the time of this letter we had:
94 Pipe items,
2 Plate items,
3 Pup Coils,
1 Round Bar item,
1 Sheet Item,
1 Slit Coil,
2 Tubing items,
and 1 Master Coil.
(by the time everyone gets this, there should be over 3000 items for bid!)

Scrap Pricing (Philadelphia):
Scrap has remained in a constant climb, holding around $40.00cwt, we expect to see more of an increase in the coming weeks...
To report scrap in your area, email me and I will put it in the news letter next week.

Metals USA forms Web business unit
By John E. Sacco (www.amm.com)
PITTSBURGH, March 1 -- Metals USA Inc., Houston, has formed a new business unit, i-Solutions, which is expected to further develop Metals USA's integrated supply services and Web-based e-commerce initiative.

At the same time, the company also named Jim Collins president of the unit.

"In servicing our Department of Defense contract, Metals USA utilizes a sophisticated online ordering, procurement and tracking system we developed for integrated supply services," said J. Michael Kirksey, president and chief executive officer of Metals USA. "We formed I-Solutions to expand this capability to other customers. To support our business-to-business e-commerce efforts, we engaged Oracle Corp., which has extensive experience developing technologies for recognized e-commerce leaders."

Yardley, Pa.,-based i-Solutions will offer a single point of contact, a Web-based order fulfillment system and the ability to accommodate customers who need a unique format or have complete procurement requirements. On-line customers interactively shop and place orders in a shopping cart modeled after those used by dot.com retailers.

Metals USA has offered integrated supply services and Web-based e-commerce with the U.S. Defense Department since March 1998. The company uses Oracle Corp. technology to build on the supply system it created for the military.

Collins has led the development of Metals USA's e-commerce initiative since 1998.

Previously, he was vice president of sales and marketing of Metals USA's heavy carbon steel group. He began his career with Metals USA-Interstate Steel Supply in 1976 and has served in various sales and marketing positions.

"Our i-Solutions initiative is designed to promote high-end customer service for processed metals by allowing our customers to leverage purchasing power, reduce overhead and better manage costs," Kirksey said. "By saving time and reducing errors, our i-Solutions initiative will allow our customers to move closer to a true just-in-time inventory system than ever before. We believe this platform establishes the foundation for the processed metals supply chain of the future."

<Web Watch, From Amm.com's Philip Burgert>

www.metalsite.net (it's about time!)
Pittsburgh-based e-commerce marketplace MetalSite has added secondary flat-rolled stainless steel from J&L Specialty Steel Inc. to its catalog and also is offering an e-commerce library with a series of downloadable papers.

www.theminingweb.com
South Africa's Moneyweb Holdings has launched theMiningweb.com, an Internet-based publication providing mining and metal news, analysis and other services.

www.materialnet.com
Business-to-business raw materials marketplace MaterialNet, Great Neck, N.Y., has rolled out a "Beat This Price" auction option allowing buyers to add a starting price to other "request for quotation" requirements.

http://www.state.gov/www/global/human_rights/1999_hrp_report/
The United Steelworkers union (www.uswa.org) has called attention to the Chinese content in the U.S. State Department's newly released country reports on human rights practices as part of its campaign to halt China's admission to the World Trade Organization.

Philip Burgert is News Editor-Europe based in American Metal Market's London bureau. E-mail multimedia-related metals news updates to him at philip.burgert@rbi.co.uk.

NICKEL
1st session
Cash 10,305.00 10,310.00* 9,775.00 . 9,785.00* . 530.0
3 mos. 10,040.00 10,045.00 9,660.00 . 9,670.00 .. 355.0
2nd session
Cash 10,410.00 10,420.00 9,775.00 . 9,780.00 .. 105.0
3 mos. 10,170.00 10,180.00 9,685.00 . 9,690.00 .. 130.0
        STOCKS 35,250 STOCKS 35,502

TO BE REMOVED: