Re: Objet Quadra

From: Bathsheba Grossman (sheba@bathsheba.com)
Date: Wed Mar 15 2000 - 03:26:06 EET

On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, Ron Doyle wrote:
> For a manufacturer to slam a RP Industry customer, this is the worst thing THEY
> can do. The only reason for this e-mail was sent all over the world to annoy and
> embarass this customer.

I must say, I don't know why Sanders' people do this. I've been
shopping very seriously, and I might well own an MMII today were it
not for the...unusual corporate culture that is projected by postings
on this list. Perhaps my perception is a mistake due to a few random
impulsive moments, but right now it's a real obstacle to my developing
a relationship with this company.

I hope I'll have a better experience than Karl with my machine, but
whatever happens to me, I'd like to be able to talk about it without
drawing public ad-hominems from the manufacturer.

In other news, I also wonder what's going on with the ToolMaker: with
this introductory offer it costs well under twice the MMII's price,
and by all accounts it's far more than twice as good. Great for the
consumer, and if I had another $30K I'd buy one like a shot, but this
can't possibly have a good effect on the market for MMII's. If I
worked for Sanders Prototypes I guess I would be feeling somewhat
irked at this time.

Will the MMII price drop soon?

Will the Quadra eat both their lunches? I eagerly await response, and
if possible a sample part, from Objet....

Tune in tomorrow for the next episode of, "As the Part Builds".

-Sheba
Bathsheba Grossman (831) 429-8224
Digital Sculpture http://www.bathsheba.com