Re: 1/2 size Vat for SLA350

From: ATiburon@aol.com
Date: Sun Mar 19 2000 - 14:51:19 EET

In a message dated 3/16/00 11:31:21 AM Eastern Standard Time, jan.rp@pera.com
writes:

<< If DTM can advertise one machine with many materials why can't 3D Systems
 devise an upgrade to simplify the process and do the same.

 Or are all the 3D Systems users that have only one machine satisfied with
 the resin that they are using?

With the improvements in special purpose resins, high temp, flexible, etc.
This aspect of the 3D design is particularly frustrating. I have put it on
the wish list at every NAUSG conference that I have attended. Its I fairly
straightforward design issue, that could be easily retrofit, assuming it was
done correctly. There are many "mini-vats" that have been improvised by
schools and resin manufacturers. That would be the ideal way to test drive a
resin. I don't understand why someone, better not wait for 3D, doesn't
commercialize one.
Andy Scott
Lockheed Martin Aero Sys