RE: little bit off topic (about inspection)

From: Tommy Tucker (tommy@paraform.com)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 22:14:41 EET

What if you use the result from the reasonable tessellation to provide good
initial guesses to the Newton method? My experience is that given a good
initial guess, Newton's method will converge in 3-5 iterations. This is a
small additional cost compared to searching the tessellation.

Tommy Tucker
(vc) 408-855-4372
(fx) 408-855-4360
tommy@paraform.com