Re: FDM support calibration problems

From: rjensen@parker.com
Date: Tue Mar 21 2000 - 20:09:13 EET

Chris:

I've noticed that if your way out in the Z, such as .015" (supposed to be
.010"), it can look more like .011" or so because the there is only so much
material coming out and it can tend to sag. Try to bring the offset down to
.009" or less and then back up to .010".

Also, make sure you're not offset in the X and Y at all. If you're at an
edge and your Z offset is short, you can get material flowing over the side
that can give you a erroneous measurement.

Good Luck!
Russ Jensen
Parker Hannifin Corp., Racor Division
Modesto, California