Re: FDM 2000 question

From: Richard.Lott@HSC.com
Date: Thu Mar 23 2000 - 18:11:28 EET

Michelle,

If the power to your FDM2000 went out due to a tip overheating, you should
have seen a messge upon restarting, similar to "Model Temp Error"

More common in my experience, however, is a envelope temperature error.
This usually happens if I open the chamber door during a build. Opening
the door causes a sudden drop in the temperature, and the machine will
sometimes overcompensate in trying to raise the temperature. The result is
a too high chamber temperature that triggers a shut down. This too, would
be indicated upon restarting with a "Env Temp Error" message on the machine
display.

Such interrupted builds can be recovered. The process is outlined in the
Utilities section of the manual, under the "ssrecov" section.