RE: improving the FDM support calibration

From: Bradley Van Dike (bvandike@yazaki-na.com)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 15:45:48 EET

Martin
That is exactly right. You can communicate with the controller to determine the x,y,z, offset. I do not use FDMCOM but I can tell you how to do it otherwise.

If you are using UNIX simply execute the command ssrun to communicate with the controller.

If you are using NT you will have to establish a "hyperterminal conection".
Instructions on how to do so are in QS5.0 or later release notes.
Basically what you need to do is setup your hyperterminal program with the following comm port settings:
Bits per second: 9600
Data Bits: 7
Parity: Even
Stop Bit: 1
flow control: Xon/Xoff
Local Echo: On
Once you have configured these settings for your hyperterminal program simply click on the 201.ht file in the "QSinstall"\gifts directory.

Then if you reference your FDM Manual under the utilities section look up the ssrun command. You will find Options/Parameters for communication with the 201 controler.
notice 121, 122, 123 reference tip offset variables.

If while you have a hyperterminal connection you type "ov121;" the hyperterminal will output the tip offset variable for x. "ov122;" will output tip offset variable for y and "ov123;" will output tip offset variable for z.
Store the output for all three and when you put that head back in place use the following commands:
"vs121,output;" where output = the result of the "ov121;" command
"vs122,output;" where output = the result of the "ov122;" command
"vs123,output;" where output = the result of the "ov123;" command

I would then run a cal box to make sure you seated the head exactly as it was before you took it off.

Hope this helps.

Brad Van Dike
Yazaki North America
734.983.1704
bvandike@yazaki-na.com

>>> <m.dekkers@ind.tno.nl> 03/24/00 02:55AM >>>
Hi Brad,

Please tell me more!!! Can you talk with the controller to determine the
xyz-offset?
That would be great!

I tried to do this with FDMCOM Mantra (as gifted on the Quickslice CD) but I
got a lot of trouble.

Please learn me the tricks!

Thanks,

Martin Dekkers