RE: ZP100 Infiltrants

From: Kramlick Josh-EJK030 (ejk030@email.mot.com)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 17:34:42 EEST

Mark

Are you trying to fully infiltrate (densify) with the supplied resin? I've
noticed that the parts we have infiltrated are essentially just 'surface
coated' where the resin only penetrates about 1-2 mm into the part. The
penetration depth was so shallow that we didn't even notice an increase in
green strength on our test bars. It seems that if the best we can achieve
is shallow infiltration, then a spray technique would be much more
efficient?

Josh D. Kramlick
Freeform Development Engineer

Motorola, Inc.