Re: RP machine for manufacturing shoe lasts

From: Ron Doyle (rondoyle@sympatico.ca)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 05:52:08 EEST

We in Canada made the lasts and the boot models using the Helisys LOM
technology. The laminated surface was great and very smooth. You can make 90% of
your shoe models overnight. We did a toddler's high boot model and it took 35
hours to build and 3 hours decubing and a spray coating with sealer. We have
made 2 boots and 4 lasts on the same build that was built over a weekend. This
is a great and cost effective technology for the shoe industry.

Please contact www.helisys.com for information on the shoe industry and spray
metal tooling.
Ciao.