Re: Sealing FDM Parts - Wrap-up

From: Robert_J_Schneider@email.whirlpool.com
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 19:15:26 EEST

     Don't forget gas tank sealer. Eastwood Co. has a kit (10165Z) for
     cleaning and sealing old steel gas tanks. www.eastwoodcompany.com.
     Or I'm sure J.C. Whitney has something too.

Subject: Sealing FDM Parts - Wrap-up
Author: "Mitchell; Douglas (D.B.)" <dmitchel@ford.com> at INTERNET
Date: 3/29/2000 9:03 AM

Hello all,

A couple of weeks ago, I requested input on ways to seal FDM parts
to protect them against gas/petrol infiltration and melting. To
summarize the responses:

2 part epoxy/resin paint
Model airplane dope
CeRam-Kote 54 from CeRam Kote (http://www.ceram-kote.com)
Fluorinated Polyurethane (FPU) Coating from 21st Century Coatings

And I have thought of another way that I plan on testing. Coat
the FDM part with SLA resin and cure it. Hey, it's worth a try.

Thanks for all the responses.

--
Doug Mitchell
Ford Motor Company