Re: CNC and RP

From: Delft Spline Systems (info@spline.nl)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 22:38:08 EEST

At 10:13 AM 3/29/00 -0500, Joe Bertoletti wrote:
>Hi,
>I have a class project and i am supposed to do a presentation talking about
>Rapid prototyping using CNC machines. Any leads on journals or
>applications would be great.
>
>Thanks
>Joe

Dear Joe,

We do offer the DeskProto system, that exactly aims at RP using CNC.
For some application examples do look at our website www.deskproto.com
One publication is present on the site.
Currently we are redesigning the website: in a few weeks you will find more
examples and also a few articles on the subject in PDF files.

For now a reference to an article comparing RP by CNC with RP by LMT
(Layered manufacturing Technology):

"Choosing between LMT and CNC to build a prototype"
Lex Lennings
Proceedings TCT Europe Conference 1999,
12-13 oct 1999, Notingham, UK, pp 69-74

During the RP&M conference in Rosemont next month I will speak
about the same subject.

Best Regards,

Lex Lennings.

Delft Spline Systems, The Netherlands.
We offer DeskProto: affordable Rapid Prototyping using CNC milling.

mailto:info@spline.nl --- website: http://www.deskproto.com