SLA USER GROUP UPDATE

From: PTE Distribution (pte7233@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Mar 30 2000 - 01:13:01 EEST

Hello List,

I want to take a moment to update the list on a couple
of events at the recent SLA User Group conference in
Los Angeles.

Attendance.........286 (always room for more)

The weather.............it rained!!!
(NO fault of Tom Sorovetz)
Once again Tom did a spectacular job with the venue.

Keynote speaker............wonderful presentation.
Readers digest version...... How we ALL can be team
players and what it takes to be on a team, combined
with personal anecdotes.

A big thank you to the board members of this year's
"world" conference. For those of you who may have
forgotten........Chair: Steve Deak, Vice-Chair: Jim
Harrison, Secretary: Doug Greenwood, Treasurer: Bob
Olson, Site Coordinator: Tom Sorovetz (Tom was
recognized for six consecutive years of service in
this position.),and Advisor: Patti Brown.

Elections were held for the previously mentioned
positions with the following results.....Chair: Jim
Harrison, Vice-Chair: Bruce Okkema, Treasurer: Guy
Bourdeau, Site-Coordinator: Tom Sorovetz, and
Secretary: Derek Ellis.

One objective of the new board is to put out a call
for volunteers for next year's conference.
Remember,..many hands make light work!!!!

If you need to reach any board member to put your name
on the volunteer list, or have any suggestions for
topics to be discussed next year, please contact:

Jim Harrison....3Dimensional Engineering, 954.972.9906

Bruce Okkema....Eagle Design & Technology,616.748.1022

Guy Bourdeau....Beckman Coulter, 305.380.3806

Tom Sorovetz....DaimlerChrysler, 313.493.2032

Derek Ellis.....PTE Distribution, 630.920.0597

I hope to see as many as possible next year.

Sincerely,
Derek Ellis
Secretary
3DNASUG