Re: Patent in RP

From: Greg Pettengill (greg_p@indirect.com)
Date: Mon Apr 24 2000 - 19:14:58 EEST

Jürgen F. Müller wrote:

> Hello RP´lers,
>
> I am very unhappy about all the patent discussions in the world. If you will
> check the public companies of RP, nobody is earning money. The are only
> staying in business and nobody is creating a lot of cash.

I agree that the world would be a better place if we could work together
incooperation instead of competition, but it sure looks like things are not
going to
change soon.:-(

> The patents on the other side are stopping all the technology for the
> future. Patent and RP in this moment is having the taste to stay behind of
> new technologies. I am very tired to read all the Emails about infringing
> the patents of others.
>
> Do you agrre in the RP world?

I don't think that things are quite that bleak. For myself I do not see patents
asa money making enterprise, only as a "necessary evil" in rare instances. I
have
2 new products that I will introduce this year, neither will be patented.

This makes me think... I could do like those rich homeowners do and put a
little sign in my front yard about a secirity system. So now I have to make
Patent Pending labels. I don't think anybody would ever care let alone
check!:-)

Best Regards
Greg Pettengill