Re: cast dissimilar materials within the same cast component

From: Tom Richards (tomr@aicasting.com)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 12:27:59 EEST

We might be able to help, as we investment cast both aluminum and copper
base alloys from RP patterns. However, we would probably recomend that you
simply braze the two components together, and straighted the asembly. Trying
to obtain good metalurgical bonding by "insert casting" of aluminum on
copper is usually not successful. Send your zipped binary stl file of each
component and we'll have a look.