Re: sealing FDM parts

From: GTC (gtcspec@customnet.net)
Date: Mon May 15 2000 - 15:57:23 EEST

I used to use a product from Chembar in Ohio. It was a urethane (3177 if I
recall) to seal cardboard models. I thinned it with acetaone and brushed it
on. It took about 6 hours to cure enough to sand. It was a good penetrant.
If i recall it was a 60%urethane to 40% acetone mixture. If you use any
urethane product it should allow you good penetration but try it on a scrap
part first!

Doug Groh GTC Specialties
13313 W. Star Drive
Shelby MI 48315