Re: Loft line data

From: Steve Farentinos (stevef@uwink.com)
Date: Wed May 17 2000 - 00:59:45 EEST

Jeff,

For plotted contours, I have used a product called Draftsman+ from Arbor
Image. It does a reasonably good job of vectorizing a scanned image. Once
vectorized, you can export as DXF, IGES, etc. Be aware that there is always
some manual cleanup to do. Sometimes it's easier to import a scanned image
into your CAD package (AutoCAD can do this) then manually trace the loft
line contours.

If all you have now are ASCII point files, I recommend Cadkey with Fastsurf.
Fastsurf has a very good ASCII Import utility that will create splines
through the points.

Steve Farentinos
uWink.com, Inc.
5443 Beethoven St.