Re: OT:Linear length of material on a roll

From: EdGrenda@aol.com
Date: Fri May 19 2000 - 17:51:45 EEST

In a message dated 00-05-19 05:01:08 EDT, SHogarth@pactiv.com writes:

<< Subj: OT:Linear length of material on a roll
 Date: 00-05-19 05:01:08 EDT
 From: SHogarth@pactiv.com
 Sender: owner-rp-ml@ltk.hut.fi
 To: rp-ml@ltk.hut.fi

 I need to know the linear length of material I have on a roll. I know the
 ID and OD and the thickness of the material, can someone supply the
 formula I need.

 Thanks in advance

 Stuart Hogarth

 Pactiv (UK) Ltd

Hi:

I couldn't recall the formula, but we used it a lot years ago when I was
working on tape equipment. A quick perusal of the net turned up "Ask Dr.
Math's Site":

http://www.forum.swarthmore.edu/dr.math/problems/d14now.6.21.96.html

Here's the answer to someone's similar question:

------