RE: CAE output of file

From: Chris Wyse (ctwyse@geomagic.com)
Date: Wed May 24 2000 - 18:24:40 EEST

Dan / Lawerence,

Dan Davis wrote->
>>I am looking for a graphics file I can use for a
>>presentation. Ideally, it would be able to be dynamically rotated, so
>>maybe
>>a VRML or similar. Who would be an expert on this?

Lawerence Blasch wrote->
>>If you could output the VRML
>>file in such a way to show how the results change through the load range,
>>and let you freely rotate the model, then that would be tremendous

    In VRML 2.0 model color is applied per/vertex much the same way as
OpenGL primitives. This of course allows real time manipulation with
multiple colors on your model that is much faster than say texture mapping.
Even though this standard has been around since 1997 I believe there are
only two or three viewers that support full VRML 2.0 including the colors.
I'm not sure how many other software vendors are taking advantage of this
but the standards are in place.

Chris T Wyse ctwyse@geomagic.com
Quality Control Engineer (919)474-0157
Raindrop Geomagic Inc. www.geomagic.com
P.O. Box 12219, Research Triangle Park, NC. 27709