Re: RP material properties

From: Glen Young (Glen.Young@lakelandmold.com)
Date: Fri Jun 09 2000 - 16:15:41 EEST

Nigel,

We don't have that information, although we're willing to run a part for you if you have a means of testing it.
I know you can do a "rough" Shore D test by following the specs in the "Engineer's Handbook"

Glen Young
CNC Engineer
Lakeland Mold Company
1021 Madison Street
Brainerd, MN 56401
(218) 824-3133

>>> "Nigel Warden" <Nigel.Warden@nationwideisp.net> 06/09/00 03:13AM >>>
Dear rp-ml,

Does anyone out there have any data or know of anyone who has data regarding
the hardness (Shore D or N/mm2) of LPH or MRP LOM paper and DTM's DuraForm
PA Polyamide?

I have contacted Helisys, Sibco and DTM, but they don't appear to have this
data.

I also need to know of a reputable materials testing lab in the UK so that I
can get some impact tests performed to the ASTM D256 standard on EOS's PA
2200 Polyamide. I know that EOS provide their data in kJ/m2, but I need to
have the results in J/m so that I can compare the impact strength of the EOS
Polyamide to that of the DTM Polyamide.

DTM, like most American RP manufacturers, provide their impact strength data
in J/m to the ASTM D256 standard.

I would be grateful of any help in these matters.

Regards,

Nigel Warden