Re: Applications Improvements

From: Brian_Bauman/DTM@dtm-corp.com
Date: Fri Jun 09 2000 - 18:11:29 EEST

Mike,

Thanks for your questions. I hope to address some of the basic ones and will
follow up with other people here on the more detailed ones.

By opening up scan spacing and using outline, what is the goal of the excerise?
Is it for speed or accuracy or both? Opening up scan spacing will create less
dense parts unless you increase your laser power which in turn can create growth
or bonus Z problems. Adjusting laser on laser off values with increased scan
speed can be an option, but will hinder accuracy of small features. Then
outline will have to provide the strength for those small features. Maybe two
outlines will suffice this issue.

With regards to delays in laser power changes is attributed to the scanner
controller on the 2000. The 2500's and 2500 plus' do not have this problem.
Should we have a salesman contact you? :-) The solution is to use the same
laser power for both outline and fills in order to avoid the delay. You can
adjust the scan speed for the outline to try to match the required affect using
the same laser power. I don't believe changing laser power will decrease the
life of your laser.

With regards to 4 decimal places for feed distance, you can actually enter in
this value and the machine will read it accordingly. The problem is that the
display on your screen is rounding to 3 decimal places. Make sure you have 4
decimal places selected for your global settings in build setup. This will be
fixed on the 2.1 release.

Good luck and keep us informed on your results.

Best Regards,

Brian Bauman
support@dtm-corp.com