LOM

From: Mark Henderson (mark.henderson@asu.edu)
Date: Sat Jun 10 2000 - 01:36:16 EEST

To any and all LOM users, past and present,

We have found that an aerospace company plans to donate a LOM to us that
they aren't using. I would like some input from some of you experienced LOM
users about the expected maintenance costs and parts availability for a LOM.
I'm not sure of the model number or age of the machine or whether the laser
is working or not. Can anyone tell me the cost to put in a new laser in
case this one is shot? Also, what is the viability of Helisys at the
present time?

John Irvin at NECO put out a similar request to this on March 22. John can
you let me know what kind of feedback you got, too? Thanks.

Mark Henderson
Dept. of Industrial Engineering
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ 85287-5906