Re: Announcing Protoshape

From: Bathsheba Grossman (sheba@bathsheba.com)
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 09:18:34 EEST

On Wed, 14 Jun 2000, SiderWhite wrote:
> Good luck Sheba, the RP fever has struck another person!! By the way, my
> wife creates bracelet, necklace and earring masterpieces (Check them out at
> http://home.att.net/~rowdy-wear). On occaison she gets requests for custom
> charms or special shape letter cubes for name bracelets - is this something
> you can make in 14 kt gold fill and/or sterling silver .925 and do you have
> a library of designs to choose from as well as making them from a customer's
> CAD file?

The short answer is, I probably can't make anything at prices that
would do your wife any good - one little hunk of prototype would end
up costing than most of her whole pieces.

That said, I can indeed make that type of thing in silver. "Gold
fill", however, is a coating of gold over a base metal (I assume it's
electroplated on, but don't know for sure), and while I could make the
base metal part, applying the coating is beyond me. I think this
might not be a material that is ordinarily used in one-off pieces.

I don't have a design library, and I'm also not currently planning to
develop one. I hear that Jewelworks and JewelCAD both have extensive
jewelry design libraries, so it seems like that base is pretty well
covered.

-Sheba
Bathsheba Grossman (831) 429-8224
Digital sculpture www.bathsheba.com