process time

From: Wang Jack (Jack.Wang@Colorado.EDU)
Date: Wed Jun 21 2000 - 21:59:10 EEST

Greetings,
My name is Jack Wang, and I am a student at the University of Colorado at
Boulder doing a project for Bosonics Inc. I am trying to get operating
performance or time on various rapid prototyping manufacturing processes.
Finding out time and cost performance is important for my project.
The following is what I am looking for:

Major Tasks for Stereolithography Apparatus (SLA)
1. Time for generating STL file (slicing of file into format acceptable to
STA). (Depends on file size and computer speed).
2. Time for computer build of design and download to SL machine.
3. Stereolithography process time in machine. This is pure machine time,
as time is a function of position of part on platform, mass of part,
volume, slice thickness, number of parts on platforms, wiper travel time,
resin in the tank, and laser power.
8. Cure in post-cure machine. This process time may depend on the mass of
the part and the machine tool.

Major Tasks for Selective Laser Sintering (SLS)
1. Time for generating STL file
2. Computer build of design and download to SLS machine.
3. Selective laser sintering process time in machine.

Major Tasks for Laminated object modeling (LOM)
1. Time for generating STL
2. Computer build of design and download to LOM machine
3. Time for laminated object building in machine

I als need process time for
Fused Depostion Modeling(FDM), Desk Top Modelers Ink Jet, and Tooling
Keltool processes.

I am very grateful for your help.

Thanks

Jack