Re: Points2Polys Reverse Engineering

From: Ram Nagulpally (ram@paraform.com)
Date: Thu Jun 22 2000 - 21:41:49 EEST

Dear: Mr. Mackay:

We are sorry to hear that you are having problems with Points2Polys. We'd
like to have the opportunity to address the problem with you directly.
Paraform's other customers routinely handle datasets that are ten times the
size of the file you indicated, so we suspect that file size isn't the
issue. There should be an easy fix. Our recent attempts to reach you via
email have been unsuccessful, so perhaps we have the wrong email address.
If you're monitoring this list, please let us know the best way to get in
touch.

Using an SGI 320 (NT 4.0, SP4, Cobalt Graphics with 512MB of RAM), we have
benchmarked Points2Poly for clouds upto 1 million points. With additional
resources and/or Paraform's unique sectioning features, we have successfully
meshed point clouds as large as 7 million for various Auto & Aero houses. I am
happy to share this and additional data with you if you would kindly contact us

Regards,

Ram Nagulpally
Director - Operations
Paraform Inc.,